This is a simply delicious chowder – makes your whole kitchen smell like fish, but it’s worth it. Barely altered the original recipe.
– 2 haddock fillets
– 1 pint of whole milk
– small can of corn
– 100g (3.5oz) cubed bacon pieces (lardons)
– 1 leek
– 350g (.75lbs) sweet potato
– 250ml (1 cup) fish or vegetable stock
- Put the fish and milk in a saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes to cook the fish. Then scoop out the fish with a slotted spoon, flake and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice up the leek, peal and cube the sweet potato.
- Heat the bacon in the bottom of a large pot for about 5 minutes, then add the leek and potato for another few minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Add the fish, milk and corn and stir until heated through.
- Serve with a little chopped coriander on top.
Recipe adapted from Waitrose Kitchen