A playful twist on some traditional Tex-Mex flavors – use tortilla chips for a quick and easy, crowd-pleasing dinner. Bake like a casserole as described below, or pour the casserole mixture on top of crushed up tortilla chips for an easy taco salad.
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- 1 can red kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 small can of corn
- tortilla chips (ie: Tostitos, Doritos)
- shredded cheddar
- Avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Chopped coriander/cilantro
- Fresh lettuce, tomato and onion
- Pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 200C/395F.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions, garlic and tomatoes and heat in a large saucepan with some oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in a dash of chili powder and cumin as well as the beans and corn. Stir and heat for another 5 minutes
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Top with crunched up tortilla chips and cheese and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with any of the below and ready to eat!
Similarly, turn this into a taco salad by lining a bowl with crushed up tortilla chips (or Frito chips), then top with the mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion - or use the mixture inside tacos or enchiladas topped with sauce of your liking.
For a super easy, super speedy recipe, swap out all of the stovetop ingredients for a can of prepared chili (like Hormel) - vegetarian or meat as you choose.