[Prep: 10min / Cook: 20min]
– 1 red onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 tomatoes
– chili powder
– ground cumin
– 1 can red kidney beans in chili sauce
– 1 small can of corn
– nacho cheese tortilla chips (ie: Doritos)
– shredded cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/395F.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions, garlic and tomatoes and heat in a large saucepan with some oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in a dash of chili powder and cumin as well as the beans and corn. Stir and heat for another 5 minutes
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Top with crunched up tortilla chips and cheese and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with any of the below and ready to eat!
- Avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Chopped coriander/cilantro
- Fresh lettuce, tomato and onion
- Pico de gallo
- This need not really be a casserole. Once you’ve heated everything through on the stove top, you can mix and match and serve it as you choose. For example, baking makes the tortilla chips a bit soggy, so if you added them after baking, you’d get more of a crunch.
- Similarly, turn this into a taco salad by lining a bowl with crushed up tortilla chips (or Frito chips), then top with the mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Or use the mixture inside tacos or enchiladas topped with sauce of your liking.